Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area (Group Committee Administrator)Organization Name: Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area
Opportunity Title: Group Committee Administrator
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: January 21, 2018
End Date: January 21, 2099
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Family-oriented volunteering
- Training or orientation required
Interested in a volunteer opportunity where you can contribute to the positive growth of youth while having fun and developing marketable career skills? If so, please consider the opportunity below.
Effectively administer the non-program activities that are related to the Group and the well-being of the Group as directed by the area-appointed Group Commissioner.
8 – 10 hours per month (on average).
- Assume, at the request of the Group Commissioner, the chair of the Group Committee meetings.
- In conjunction with the Group Commissioner ensure compliance with all Policies and Procedures of Scouts Canada.
- Create/provide opportunities for growth within the Group.
- Assist the Group Commissioner to recruit, orient and appoint: Section Scouters, Other adults to assist in the management of the Group as required (i.e. Treasurer, Registrar, and Secretary).
- Work closely with the Group Registrar to ensure that the annual registration process and all demographic updates are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide monthly reports on the administrative status of the Group to the Group Commissioner.
- Be familiar with and support the Group Commissioner in the explanation of the Administrative policies and procedures for the Group.
- Work closely with the Group Secretary to ensure that the minutes and records of the Group are recorded and maintained.
- Provide assistance and leadership to the Section Scouters in the development of budgets.
- Coach/Mentor and assist the administrative members of the Group Committee in achieving competency and ensuring that all reporting and activities are consistent with Scouts Canada’s Mission, Policies and Practices.
- Prepare for, and participate in, the Group Annual Review, paying particular attention to all non-program related activities such as the Group financial statements in conjunction with the Group Treasurer.
- Identify/engage external resources as required so that annual Group initiatives and goals can be achieved.
- Provide support to the Group Commissioner as required in the preparation of camps and special events.