Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area (Group Committee Administrator)Organization Name: Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area
Opportunity Title: Group Committee Administrator
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: January 21, 2018
End Date: January 21, 2099
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Effectively administer the non-program activities that are related to the Group and the well-being of the Group as directed by the area-appointed Group Commissioner.
8 – 10 hours per month (on average).
- Assume, at the request of the Group Commissioner, the chair of the Group Committee meetings.
- In conjunction with the Group Commissioner ensure compliance with all Policies and Procedures of Scouts Canada.
- Create/provide opportunities for growth within the Group.
- Assist the Group Commissioner to recruit, orient and appoint: Section Scouters, Other adults to assist in the management of the Group as required (i.e. Treasurer, Registrar, and Secretary).
- Work closely with the Group Registrar to ensure that the annual registration process and all demographic updates are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide monthly reports on the administrative status of the Group to the Group Commissioner.
- Be familiar with and support the Group Commissioner in the explanation of the Administrative policies and procedures for the Group.
- Work closely with the Group Secretary to ensure that the minutes and records of the Group are recorded and maintained.
- Provide assistance and leadership to the Section Scouters in the development of budgets.
- Coach/Mentor and assist the administrative members of the Group Committee in achieving competency and ensuring that all reporting and activities are consistent with Scouts Canada’s Mission, Policies and Practices.
- Prepare for, and participate in, the Group Annual Review, paying particular attention to all non-program related activities such as the Group financial statements in conjunction with the Group Treasurer.
- Identify/engage external resources as required so that annual Group initiatives and goals can be achieved.
- Provide support to the Group Commissioner as required in the preparation of camps and special events.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions6100 Koep Avenue, Regina, Saskatchewan
Other Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area Volunteer Opportunities
Other Boards / Committee / Leadership Volunteer Opportunities
Description: RESPONSIBILITIES: Helps with the planning of the event; Volunteer recruitment, training and coordination on the day of the event; …Read More