This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Heart & Stroke Foundation (Seeking Canvass Support Volunteers for the Heart & Stroke Canvass!)Organization Name: Heart & Stroke Foundation
Opportunity Title: Seeking Canvass Support Volunteers for the Heart & Stroke Canvass!
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: August 17, 2017
End Date: February 28, 2018
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Family-oriented volunteering
Seeking Canvass Support Volunteers for the Heart & Stroke Canvass!
The Heart & Stroke Canvass is a fundraising campaign that raises funds for research and shares life-saving health information with Canadians, through the help of 90,000 volunteers.
Heart disease and stroke takes a Canadian life every 7 minutes. We invite YOU to join the campaign to help protect the lives of our neighbours, friends and family.
Volunteer Role: CANVASS SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Time Commitment: as many hours you can during August, 2017 to March, 2018
Responsibilities – Volunteers will have the opportunity to do all or some of the following:
- Assemble kits for volunteer Canvassers
- Assist at a Canvassers training event in January
- Phone Canvassers to offer support and provide information
- Deliver Canvasser Kits in late January
- Pick up Canvasser Kits and help at kit return events in March
- Count and record donations
- Enter details in computer
Skills/Attributes – Depending on the volunteer tasks:
- Comfortable interacting with people in person and by phone
- Able to use Excel (for data entry)
- Access to a car for Canvasser Kit delivery and pick-up
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Helping to save lives by being involved in a large fundraising campaign
- Opportunity to develop and use interpersonal skills
- Meet like-minded people in your community
Contact the Heart and Stroke Foundation, Regina Coordinator
Arielle Deslauriers, Community Engagement Coordinator
306-500-6009 | Arielle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Heart & Stroke Foundation Volunteer Opportunities
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Description: YMCA of Regina Plusone Mentoring is a new community-based for youth aged 10-17 who are experiencing challenges in their social and academic …Read More