This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Caring Hearts Regina (Caring Hearts Camp Cabin Leader)Organization Name: Caring Hearts Regina
Opportunity Title: Caring Hearts Camp Cabin Leader
Category: Children & Youth
Commitment: One Day / Special Event
Start Date: May 1, 2020
End Date: May 3, 2020
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Training or orientation required
Caring Hearts Camp was first introduced to the province in 1997 when our organization saw the challenges so many families and their children faced when dealing with grief after a death loss. Over the past 22 years Caring Hearts has had more than 1,600 campers from 92 communities across Saskatchewan pass through this therapeutic program.
The goal of Caring Hearts Camp is two-fold: camp includes guided therapeutic activities which aim to teach campers how to cope with their grief, and ways to communicate with their loved ones when they need support. We also want CHC to be a fun and impactful experience for the children in attendance by offering the opportunity to participate in activities like horseback riding, canoeing, rock wall climbing, crafts, campfires and much more! This shows our campers that it is important to find reasons to smile and connect, even when our hearts are weighed down with grief. The best part? Thanks to Caring Hearts’ fundraising and some remarkable partnerships we have formed in our community, Caring Hearts Camp is FREE for eligible campers to attend.
Under the supervision of our Caring Hearts Camp Director and Lead Clinician, Cabin Leaders are responsible to:
- Bunk with campers through our camp duration. At least two cabin leaders will be needed per cabin, which are divided by age and gender.
- Assist and support in the running of programs and activities: horseback riding, swimming, rock climbing, and more!
- Provide leadership and guidance to the youth in attendance.
- Enforce camp rules and that respect is given and received by everyone so all our campers can have a fun and memorable weekend!
Applications must be received by midnight on April 1, 2020 – The number of campers we can accept into the program is dependent on the number of volunteers that we have on site for the duration of camp.
Camp will run from 2:00 p.m. on Friday, May 1st until 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 3rd. There is also a mandatory volunteer orientation on Saturday, April 18th from 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
We love our volunteers who come back year after year, and are always looking for fresh faces to join the CHC family. Volunteers are a crucial part of our organization being able to hold Caring Hearts camp twice a year – apply today! http://www.caringheartssk.ca/caring-hearts-camp/