World Partnership Walk (DIRECTOR, CORPORATE ENGAGEMENT)Organization Name: World Partnership Walk
Opportunity Title: DIRECTOR, CORPORATE ENGAGEMENT
Category: Fundraising & Sponsorship
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: January 23, 2018
End Date: May 31, 2099
Reports to: World Partnership Walk (WPW) City Chair
Works closely with: National WPW CE Directors & regional AKFC CE Staff
The Director of Corporate Engagement (CE) is a dynamic, engaged and committed individual who will manage their city’s WPW CE efforts. The Director will work closely with the WPW City Chair, the National CE Directors, and regional AKFC CE Staff to lead and support Relationship Managers to effectively retain and raise the productivity of Workplace Teams and Corporate Fundraisers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a team of volunteer Relationship Managers to implement the WPW Corporate Engagement (CE) strategic plan and meet growth and fundraising targets for the Workplace Teams and Corporate Giving Program.
- Monitor progress, and provide direction, guidance, and key tools and resources to support your team in meeting campaign targets.
- Ensure timely execution of deliverables in line with defined outputs and fundraising targets.
- Leverage personal/professional connections, networks, and circles of influence to drive CE efforts.
- Work closely with regional AKFC staff to:
- Help identify fundraising growth opportunities, including the identification and engagement of new corporate prospects as well as through deepening relationships with existing Corporate Fundraisers, Corporate Donors and Corporate Sponsors
- Target and manage relationships with select existing Workplace Team Captains, Corporate Fundraisers, Corporate Donors and Corporate Sponsors.
- Hold regular meetings with your CE Team to build comradery and share best practices and resources to ensure optimal performance.
- Attend regular calls with the National CE Director (volunteer) to report on CE progress in your city.
- Attend regular meetings with your city’s Core Team and liaise/communicate the needs of the CE team with your city’s counterparts (especially Directors for Ambassador Teams, MarComms and Walk Day Experience).
- Attend Walk day in your city to ensure Workplace Teams and Corporate Fundraisers have an optimal Walk day experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of AKFC’s work and the WPW strategies
- Terrific management skills with a knack for leading, coaching and inspiring people
- Strong sales and/or fundraising aptitude
- Strong relationship management skills and experiences
- Results-oriented and resourceful
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, tact and communication skills, and strong ability to communicate with individuals at varying levels within an organization.
- Knack for identifying growth opportunities; business development experience an asset
- As a member of the Core Team, this role will require an average of hours per week; January to May is the busiest time for campaign planning and execution. This volunteer position is for an appointment of 10 months starting in November 2017