This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Caring Hearts SK (Director, Caring Hearts Board of Directors)Organization Name: Caring Hearts SK
Opportunity Title: Director, Caring Hearts Board of Directors
Category: Other Positions
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: June 10, 2020
End Date: July 2, 2020
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
Caring Hearts is currently seeking candidates for our Board of Directors. With a vision of a province where everyone is cared for through their journey of grief and loss, our mission is to enhance mental health support through education, counseling, and charitable initiatives for those dealing with death and loss. We are looking for individuals with a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences that are interested in helping us fulfill our vision.
Board of Director Position Description
● Attending regular board meetings: There shall be no fewer than four regularly scheduled meetings in one fiscal year. However, the Committee Chair(s) may request additional meetings. Meetings are usually in the evening.
● Term: Three years. Board Members whose 3-year term is completed will be eligible to be considered for a second term.
● Board members are responsible for the effective governance of the organization consistent with its vision, mission, strategic direction, and adherence to its core values.
● Board members have no authority to act individually in the direction of staff and volunteers or to act as spokesperson for the organization unless specifically given such authority by the Board.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and the completed attached Composition and Diversity Inventory by July 2, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.