This volunteer opportunity has expired!
The Shoebox Project for Women (Volunteer Local Chapter Coordinator – Regina)Organization Name: The Shoebox Project for Women
Opportunity Title: Volunteer Local Chapter Coordinator – Regina
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: September 1, 2022
End Date: September 1, 2023
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
This rewarding and exciting volunteer leadership role has no fixed address and is a remote opportunity for you to create and manage your own Shoebox chapter within your community right from home!
As a Local Chapter Coordinator for The Shoebox Project for Women, you are the lead Coordinator of the organization’s activities in your community in efforts to support women impacted by homelessness through our holiday Shoebox gift drive.
By creating a fun and supportive environment you will manage and coordinate the efforts of your shelter agencies, community volunteers and donors to ensure a successful Shoebox drive season.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You are an ambassador of The Shoebox Project in your community –Lead the charge and represent with pride!
- Recruit and manage volunteers to assist in various support roles
- Identify and develop a network of shelters and resource centers to partner with
- Community outreach: Reach out to your local community to introduce, inform & educate on The Shoebox Project’s mission & vision and get your community involved in helping to support for your chapter goals
- Manage chapter specific administration
- Manage Chapter email and social media accounts
- Organize corporate and school drives
- Coordinate inspections, storage, transportation and delivery of boxes from drop-off locations to shelters – deliver your Shoeboxes and watch the smiles!