This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Cystic Fibrosis Canada (Marketing & Promotional Coordinator – Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History)Organization Name: Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Opportunity Title: Marketing & Promotional Coordinator – Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: January 30, 2023
End Date: February 28, 2023
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Family-oriented volunteering
The Marketing & Promotions Coordinator is responsible for the creation and implementation of a promotional and media plan for the Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History taking place on Sunday, May 28, 2022 in Regina. The goal is to ensure that the community is both aware and excited about having the event in their community.
- Promote the Walk throughout the community
- Along with Walk/Event Chair, acts as a local contact for media (TV, Radio and Newspaper) pre-event and weekend of the event
- Uses social media regularly to keep the Walk top of mind with participants and the community
- Distributes Walk information to all community calendars, community newspapers and cable television
- Provides timely information related to (any changing) Public Health & Safety Guidelines
- Broadly distributes posters and brochures within the community, as well as local press releases to all media sponsors
- Help to source local human interest articles, radio PSAs etc.
- Ask local newspaper for free brochure inserts
- Act as a media liaison at the Start/Finish location
- Work in conjunction with your Walk/Event Chair to acknowledge the community’s support for the event by sending out post-event thank you letters to all media sponsors