Tetra society of North America (Outreach Volunteer)Organization Name: Tetra society of North America
Opportunity Title: Outreach Volunteer
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: February 1, 2023
End Date: January 31, 2024
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Appropriate for court-ordered volunteers
This is a volunteer position. Interested individuals please complete the volunteer registration form found here: https://tetrasociety.org/volunteer/
Tetra is a non-profit organization that empowers people with disabilities through volunteer built custom assistive devices that overcome obstacles to independence. We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing individual to help raise awareness about our organization. The successful candidate will network and cultivate relationships with local health care professionals, disability organizations, and community members. They will distribute promotional material, schedule presentations, and seek out direct-to-client advertising opportunities throughout the city. The ability to work independently is essential.
- Work with the Chapter Coordinator to establish an annual goal.
- Attend relevant community events.
- Maintain relationships with community/collaborative partners and cultivate new ones.
- Assist in the coordination of special events including fundraisers, information sessions and client/volunteer appreciation activities.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Outgoing and engaging personality with confidence to interact with the public
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms and websites
- Organized and able to track all outreach activity