YMCA PLUSONE mentoring program (Our Youth NEED You: YMCA of Regina Plusone Mentoring)Organization Name: YMCA PLUSONE mentoring program
Opportunity Title: Our Youth NEED You: YMCA of Regina Plusone Mentoring
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: September 30, 2017
End Date: September 30, 2022
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
YMCA of Regina Plusone Mentoring is a new community-based for youth aged 10-17 who are experiencing challenges in their social and academic development. These youth are referred to the program by community partners and are matched with adult volunteers to help them engage in capacity building activities of the course of 1-year. Pairs are matched based on common interests, hobbies, as well as the mentee’s goals and the mentors capacity to help the youth in their specific goal-attainment.
The latter brings us here: we are looking for adult volunteer mentors that would love to be a positive influence in a Youths life.
- 1-year commitment: first six months – meet with mentee weekly for 2-3 hours; last six months – meet with mentee twice a month.
- Background/Reference Checks Required.
- Specialized training beforehand (6-8 hours including child protection training).
- Program has a cap of 40 mentor-mentee relationships going at once. Allows for relationship to be coached and supported well by Program Facilitators.
- Program takes place at one of our local YMCA of Regina Facilities.
How to become a mentor:
View the Volunteer Description to see if this role interests you and then download and submit an application to Plusone@regina.ymca.ca. Visit our Plusone Mentoring page on the YMCA of Regina website for more information or phone Addison Docherty at 306.537.7476.
Training for the month of September will be held Sept 11th + 12th 2017, from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. as well as on September 23rd + 24th 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
There will be training opportunities for potential mentors monthly.
Come empower a youth!
This program is ongoing, the dates listed below are simply put in because of the field requirements for the website.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions2400 13th Avenue Regina, Saskatchewan
Other YMCA PLUSONE mentoring program Volunteer Opportunities
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Description: 1:1 Peer Support Program Volunteer Volunteers are at the heart of the MS Society. Join an exciting, dynamic and diverse …Read More