Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area (Group Committee Registrar)Organization Name: Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area
Opportunity Title: Group Committee Registrar
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: January 21, 2018
End Date: January 21, 2099
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Effectively register all members through Scouts Canada’s Membership Management System. Organize a pre-registration program in the spring for new and returning members as well as a fall registration process.
4 – 6 hours per month (on average). NOTE: Heavier time commitment during registration period.
- Ensure that youth and adults are registered promptly in Scouts Canada’s Membership Management System.
- Arrange a meeting with Section Scouters and Group Committee to fill out the Group worksheet.
- Using the Scouts Canada Membership Management system, ensure that the Group Organizational Unit Profile, and each Section Profile, is updated with material from the Group worksheet.
- Organize a pre-registration program in the spring for returning members as well as the fall registration program.
- Answer registration enquiries from Section Scouters, members and the general public.
- Working with the Scouts Canada Membership Management System, confirm youth members registrations who have renewed or prospective members who received a spot with a Section of your Group, with acceptance of adult members to be referred to the Group Commissioner.
- Add new Member information for members who have chosen not to register via the Internet, confirm youth registrations and refer acceptance of adult members to the Group Commissioner.
- Work with the council office to find a place for all prospective members.
- Liaise with Section Scouters to ensure that maximum youth and adult numbers are realistic. All prospective members entering a Section after the fall registration program are entered and their registrations have been confirmed.
- Confirm that all prospective members have been placed in a Group. If not, notify Group Commissioner.
- Account for all membership fees received to the Group Treasurer.
- Report to the Group Commissioner regularly on the membership status of the Group.