Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area (Group Committee Registrar)Organization Name: Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area
Opportunity Title: Group Committee Registrar
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: January 21, 2018
End Date: January 21, 2099
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Family-oriented volunteering
- Training or orientation required
Interested in a volunteer opportunity where you can contribute to the positive growth of youth while having fun and developing marketable career skills? If so, please consider the opportunity below.
Effectively register all members through Scouts Canada’s Membership Management System. Organize a pre-registration program in the spring for new and returning members as well as a fall registration process.
2 – 3 hours per month (on average). NOTE: Heavier time commitment during registration period but less busy throughout the rest of the year.
- Ensure that youth and adults are registered promptly in Scouts Canada’s Membership Management System.
- Arrange a meeting with Section Scouters and Group Committee to fill out the Group worksheet.
- Using the Scouts Canada Membership Management system, ensure that the Group Organizational Unit Profile, and each Section Profile, is updated with material from the Group worksheet.
- Organize a pre-registration program in the spring for returning members as well as the fall registration program.
- Answer registration enquiries from Section Scouters, members and the general public.
- Working with the Scouts Canada Membership Management System, confirm youth members registrations who have renewed or prospective members who received a spot with a Section of your Group, with acceptance of adult members to be referred to the Group Commissioner.
- Add new Member information for members who have chosen not to register via the Internet, confirm youth registrations and refer acceptance of adult members to the Group Commissioner.
- Work with the council office to find a place for all prospective members.
- Liaise with Section Scouters to ensure that maximum youth and adult numbers are realistic. All prospective members entering a Section after the fall registration program are entered and their registrations have been confirmed.
- Confirm that all prospective members have been placed in a Group. If not, notify Group Commissioner.
- Account for all membership fees received to the Group Treasurer.
- Report to the Group Commissioner regularly on the membership status of the Group.