Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area (Group Committee Secretary)Organization Name: Scouts Canada – Wascappelle Area
Opportunity Title: Group Committee Secretary
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: January 21, 2018
End Date: January 21, 2099
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Family-oriented volunteering
- Training or orientation required
Interested in a volunteer opportunity where you can contribute to the positive growth of youth while having fun and developing marketable career skills? If so, please consider the opportunity below.
Effectively record and maintain minutes and decisions made as well as compose other correspondence as required by the Group Committee. Provides excellent support to Section Scouters and Group Commissioner ensuring appropriate forms are provided to the Council in a timely manner.
One monthly meeting (3 hours), minutes and agenda preparation/dissemination (1 hour).
- Create/provide opportunities for growth within the Group. Work closely with the Group Registrar to ensure that the annual registration process and all demographic updates are completed in a timely manner.
- Produce for release written material upon the direction of the Group Administrator and/or the Group Commissioner.
- Prepare for, and participate in, the Group Annual Review, paying particular attention to all minutes and correspondence prepared for the Group over the past year.
- Provide support to the Group Commissioner and/or the Group Administrator as required.