Cystic Fibrosis Canada (Social Media Coordinator – Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History)Organization Name: Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Opportunity Title: Social Media Coordinator – Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: February 1, 2020
End Date: June 1, 2020
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Family-oriented volunteering
- Training or orientation required
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for contributing to the creation of local walk content, updating all social media and occasionally other media outlets for the Committee. This role will also require event attendance due to the nature of needing to capture photos at the events for social media.
– Acts as a the main social media resource for the local Cystic Fibrosis Walk Committee;
– Provides advice on social media strategies for the walk;
– Develops all social media outlets (creating content to encourage the engagement of volunteers and supporters).
– Ensures that all social media postings meet the Cystic Fibrosis Canada guidelines.
ACCOUNTABILITY & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
– Reports to the Committee;
– Works directly with the Chairs and other members of the Committee.
– With the support and guidance of the members of the Regional Office,identify an effective communications strategy and the tools needed for this job.
– Attends all committee meetings (1 per month, in person or through teleconference);
– Attend the Walk launch event and Walk Day on May 31st.
– Knowledge, acceptance and abides by Cystic Fibrosis Canada policies and procedures including Code of Conduct and Privacy Guidelines;
– Knowledge of current trends, resources and information related to volunteerism;
– Understands ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization;
– Builds relationships: establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization;
– Communicates effectively: speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques;
– Creativity/innovation: develops new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization to create new opportunities;
– Organized; sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities;
– Motivated and enthusiastic for the CF cause;
– Previous experience working with volunteers is an asset;
– Experience working with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
– Knowledge of social media and best practices is an asset.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get DirectionsRegina, SK
Other Cystic Fibrosis Canada Volunteer Opportunities
Other Special Events / Festivals Volunteer Opportunities
Description: The ALS Society of Saskatchewan hosts an annual ALS National Youth Retreat in our beautiful prairie province. The Retreat is offered to …Read More