MS Canada (2024 Regina MS Walk Committee – Food & Beverage Coordinator)Organization Name: MS Canada
Opportunity Title: 2024 Regina MS Walk Committee – Food & Beverage Coordinator
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: January 2, 2024
End Date: June 30, 2024
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
MS Canada is an organization founded by volunteers and continually fueled by the initiative and dedication of thousands of volunteers across the country. Join an exciting, dynamic and diverse organization that is committed to creating a world free of MS!
MS Walk is a community-driven event for people living with or affected by MS as well as those who want to support our vision of creating a world free of MS. Canadians come together in their communities every May to fundraise for and participate in MS Walk to help find the cause and cure for this disease.
As part of the MS Walk Committee, you will plan and execute an inclusive, engaging event to connect and empower the MS community in your region. MS impacts all Canadians, which is why we urge people to move forward together at MS Walk and help build awareness for the disease, raising much needed funds to allow us to continue to support people affected by MS. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in your community using your talent and time.
The Food & Beverage Coordinator will work closely with the team at the MS Canada to source, organize and distribute food and beverages to participants. This role will play a key role on event day to help ensure participants have a great event experience.
- Solicit and pick up food for rest stops and lunch
- Review food requirements for rest stops with the Route Coordinator
- Point of contact for onsite food vendors providing direction and support throughout event
- Set up food area on event day and provide direction to day-of-event volunteers
- Champion the Walk in your community by promoting the event and helping to recruit participants and day-of-event volunteers
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Energized and positive attitude. A friendly face helps create a fun atmosphere!
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Passion for supporting the MS Community and funding MS research
- Basic computer proficiency including email, internet searches, Word, Excel
- Self-motivated and reliable; able to fulfill duties on time
- Must be comfortable making decisions and problem solving with limited supervision.
- Previous experience managing people is considered an asset
- Ability to perform physical labour along with heavy lifting
- Long term (January– June)
- Hours will vary based on the size of your community event. Hours will increase as the event approaches. We estimate these roles will take between 1 – 3 hours per month
- Meet online via Teams once or twice a month OR Meet monthly in person
- Must be available to attend the event at the end of May for approximately 8 hours
- Gain valuable experience and skills by supporting the organization of a well-recognized signature event while working with experienced organizing team members and comprehensive resources
- Contribute your time to an important cause and see your impact on the organization
- Obtain a reference letter
- Build a strong network and connect with the MS community
MS Canada is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
Our aim is to ensure that all those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Apply here! Volunteer Opportunities | MS Canada
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Other MS Canada Volunteer Opportunities
Other Special Events / Festivals Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Regina Synchronized Skating Teams is searching for volunteers to join our team for the 2024 Living Skies Synchroskate Invitational! Event …Read More