This volunteer opportunity has expired!
WinTech (WOMEN IN TECH – PROVINCIAL AMBASSADOR)Organization Name: WinTech
Opportunity Title: WOMEN IN TECH – PROVINCIAL AMBASSADOR
Category: Computers / Technology / IT
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year
Start Date: August 21, 2017
End Date: December 31, 2017
The Provincial Ambassador is the official representative of WinTech in their province of residence and reports to the Program Director, Community Based Research in Vancouver, BC. The individual is passionate about technology and is plugged into the local and provincial tech scene. They have strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for event planning and connecting stakeholders within local communities. The Provincial Ambassador thrives in fast-paced environments and quick to face challenges head on. Comfortable working with a remote team across Canada.
- Oversees the successful implementation of the Driving Women in Tech National Tour within their dedicated province with the support of HQ, including managing logistics, coordinating collateral and marketing promotion requirements
- Spokesperson and representative for Women in Tech in the Province for internal and external relations
- Form planning committee with local stakeholders in the province
- Work with local community stakeholders including government, nonprofit and industry to set up town halls, focus groups and interviews in local communities across Canada
- Ensures the voice and influence of Women in Tech is considered in Provincial issues and decision making through the engagement of the Town Halls/ Focus Groups and the Provincial Planning Committee
- Fosters collaborative working partnerships, positive public relations, and good communication
- Conduct ongoing research as required
- Proven and effective leadership experience and skills
- Extensive knowledge of the tech industry and culture within the province
- Understanding and appreciation of issues in the nationwide context of Women in Tech
- Willingness to champion the core values of Women in Tech
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including experience with conflict resolution
- Ability to exercise critical thinking in decision making and to balance competing priorities
- Proven ability to facilitate and chair meetings
About Women in Tech
Women in Tech World (WinTech) is a rapidly growing organization with a mission to elevate women in the tech industry. As an industry-agnostic and community-building organization, we work with private companies, nonprofits and government groups to organize professional development workshops, thought leadership panels and other initiatives to promote women’s participation and professional success in the tech industry.
In the early 2017 WinTech partnered with Microsoft, Shopify, SFU and dozens of other partners to organize Women in Tech Week, coordinating 22 events in 7 cities in Canada and USA. Our tech scholarships program allocated $50,000 and projecting over $100,000 by the end of the year to women to take courses at BrainStation, Lighthouse Labs, RED Academy and CodeCore.
Inspired by the incredible community support and volunteer energy, Women in Tech World is expanding across Canada and USA. We’re issuing an open call for volunteers to join our team. We’re committed to finding the right fit for everyone aligning your goals, experience and time availability with the right role at WinTech. Drop us a line to email@example.com to talk about different options!
TO ELEVATE WOMEN IN TECH
To work with local communities nationally and internationally to define and execute actionable steps to increase the number of young women (age 25 to 34) in the technology sector in decision making and engineering roles.
- To advocate for equal opportunities for women in engineering, management and executive positions in tech.
- To empower women in their careers through tech training and professional development.
- To work with all community stakeholders to provide actionable tools and playbooks to support and promote women in tech
- Thought Leadership
- Autonomy and empowerment to influence WinTech’s growth strategy
- Access to an extensive network of WinTech Principals, industry leaders with deep expertise in their fields for strategic advice and industry insights
- Structured mentorship and opportunity to mentor others
- Special Volunteer Engagement and Development initiatives
- Free access to WinTech events
- Access to special workshop and conference discounts to partner events