REALM Foundation (COMMUNITY SUPPORT FACILITATOR)Organization Name: REALM Foundation
Opportunity Title: COMMUNITY SUPPORT FACILITATOR
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: April 3, 2023
End Date: March 1, 2032
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
REALM is hiring a FACILITATOR to lead a small group of volunteers to support a person with a high level of disability (we call a Centre) achieve goals. Goals and priorities are determined and directed by the Centre. This is a paid position working approximately 4-5 hours per month.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- People oriented collaborative leadership skills
- Excellent communicator respecting different communication styles and needs
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ability to motivate, delegate and lead by example
- Ability to move projects forward while working at a pace that might not match yours
- Patient, able to meet and work with people where they are at
- Flexible and adaptive, comfortable with ambiguity
- Possess an ability to learn on the job
- Reliable, trustworthy, and self-aware
- Regular communication with the Centre to develop a relationship based on trust and respect
- Supporting the Centre in decisioning making
- Encouraging the Centre to identify priorities and goals
- Developing a plan with the Centre and volunteers to achieve the goal
- Organizing and facilitating in person monthly Network meeting(s)
- Engaging volunteers
- Building a strong team where each member feels valued and belongs
- Inspiring creative thinking, innovative ideas and problem solving
- Working within an established process to create success for all
- Motivating volunteers to take on tasks needed to achieve Centre goals
- Participating in opportunities provided by REALM
Fundraising is a major goal for this Centre. Experience and comfort organizing and managing fundraising activities is a definite asset.
As a Facilitator you must be able to meet with the Centre at least once per month and with the group once per month in person. Meetings are typically evenings or weekends. Throughout the month you will schedule meetings, follow-up with volunteers, manage the plan and interact with REALM.
The successful candidate must have a computer, printer, electronic email, internet and word processing software. You must also have access to reliable transportation to attend meetings at locations determined by the Centre and/or REALM.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to Chris Bailey by March17, 2023 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about REALM, you are invited to visit our website at http://www.realmfoundation.ca.