The Regina Work Preparation Centre Inc. (Treasurer, Board of Directors)Organization Name: The Regina Work Preparation Centre Inc.
Opportunity Title: Treasurer, Board of Directors
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: June 26, 2020
End Date: June 29, 2029
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Interested in who we are and want to join us? Work Prep is currently recruiting board members to join our team. The Board of Directors of Work Prep is a governance board that directs the organization.
The objectives of the Board of Directors are:
- To ensure the efficient, effective and ethical operation of Work Prep;
- To support Work Prep staff and policies; and
- To hire the Executive Director and other direct reports to the Board.
The board meets 10 times per year, including the annual general meeting. We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Maintain and distribute accurate and timely records;
- Report to the Board on financial condition of Work Prep and all of the transactions and issues at each Board meeting;
- Present an audited financial statement to the AGM;
- Prepare an annual budget in consultation with the Executive Director for approval, subsequent to the AGM; and
- Perform all duties incident to the office of Treasurer, have such other powers, and perform such other duties as from time to time assigned to the Treasurer.
**CPA designation is preferred for the position of Treasurer.
Work Prep’s strategic plan includes practices to support the recruitment, hiring and retention of a diversified work force and board of directors. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Interested candidates can forward their resume and expression of interest to email@example.com.